Now Hiring: Patient Care Coordinator
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- No remote work
High school or equivalent
clinical office, 2 years
Buffalo, NY 14215
Represents physicians by being primary mode of communication between patients and provider. Performs a full range of duties to support day to day operations and ensuring high quality service for our patients. Expected to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Department: Surgery
- Reports To: Team lead / Practice manager
- Update and maintain patients’ health records
- Use Medical software proficiently
- Answer patient’s queries and ensure quality customer service
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, admissions, surgeries and laboratory services
- Ensure physician/provider productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling appointments, professional meetings, consultation and conferences.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders.
- Travel to satellite and other UBMD offices as needed
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards
- Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a professional and polite rapport with all patients and staff
- Perform special projects assigned by lead assistant/practice manager or provider
- Provide cross coverage within department when deemed necessary
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Minimum Job Requirments
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Completion of Medical Secretary Program preferred.
Experience/Qualifications : 2 years clinical office experience required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills essential to ensure high quality customer service. Strong typing skills required.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance