Now Hiring: Surgery Scheduler
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
High school or equivalent (Required)
- Surgery Scheduling, 1 year (Required)
- Medical Office, 1 year (Required)
Buffalo, NY 14215. Multiple Locations. No remote work.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure all necessary tasks are completed leading up to a patient procedure.
Primary accountability and results for specific functions. The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented or changed as necessary.
- Schedule hospital or office-based procedures, surgeries and follow up testing;
- Complete prior authorizations and verify insurance;
- Provide patients and facilities with applicable instructions, forms and consents and ensure all pre-testing is completed;
- Ensure patients have proper medical clearance and completion of assessment for advanced directive, including DNR when applicable;
- Schedule standby or supplemental Providers for procedures and surgeries, if applicable;
- Coordinate any special equipment and pharmaceutical needs with vendor representatives and facility or department manager;
- Provide assistance to patients and their families in regards to preparing for surgery or procedure by answering questions and addressing concerns;
- Manage incoming mail and fax documents in accordance with company policy and process medical record requests;
- Process lab and testing orders as directed by Providers;
- Deliver exemplary customer service in order to provide a positive patient experience across the organization;
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
- Assist with cross-functional office duties, as needed
- Complete Workers Compensation and No-Fault paperwork
- Reconcile surgical procedures with facility and billing team
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience/Qualifications: One year of surgical scheduling experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job: Knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical records system required. Experience in Microsoft Outlook and Excel preferred.
Special Skills: Detail oriented, strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to utilize computer programs. Must be willing to learn and work on various EMRs as well as travel to satellite offices.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance