Now Hiring Patient Care Coordinator – Vascular Lab
Position Summary: Performs a full range of duties to support day to day operations and ensuring high quality service for our patients. Expected to handle sensitive information confidentially.
Performs secretarial/ clerical duties which include typing laboratory reports and filing
· Scanning documents
· Registers patients; verifies necessary information and records
· Processes information necessary for billing
· Update and maintain patient’s health records
· Use Medical software proficiently
· Answer routine inquiries
· Schedule vascular studies and maintains appointment calendars
· Prepares and processes paperwork for laboratory tests
· Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders.
· Travel to satellite and other UBMD offices as needed
· Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards
· Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures
· Establish and maintain a professional and polite rapport with all patients and staff
· Perform special projects assigned by lead assistant/practice manager or provider
· Provide cross coverage within department when deemed necessary
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of Medical Secretary Program preferred.
Experience/Qualifications: One year clinical office experience required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills essential to ensure high quality customer service. Strong typing skills required.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- clinical office: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Buffalo, NY 14203 (Preferred)
- United States (Required)