Following his training in general surgery and surgical oncology, Dr. Gajdos was on the faculty at the University of Colorado, Department of Surgery for over seven years rising to the rank of Associate Professor of Surgery. He also served as Chief of Surgical Oncology at the Denver VA Medical Center. He quickly became one of the busiest surgical oncologists at UC and performed surgery at both hospitals on a regular basis prior to joining Stamford Health in late 2016.
A graduate of the University of Szeged (Hungary) Faculty of Medicine, Dr. Gajdos completed his residency at the University of Alabama Hospital and fellowship at the University of Michigan Health System. He is board certified in surgery. Dr. Gajdos remains very active in cancer research. He has published over 70 scientific papers in prestigious medical and surgical journals. He has presented several studies at various national and international meetings. He is the recipient of faculty teaching awards at the University of Colorado and Stamford Health.
- Complex Melanomas
- Gastrointestinal Cancers (Esophageal , Gastric, Pancreatic, Hepatobiliary, Colorectal)
- Gastro-Intestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Sarcomas and Peritoneal Surface Malignancies
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Hepato Pancreato Biliary Care
- Join Dr. Gajdos for Monday Afternoon GI Clinic
- Introducing Great Lakes Health Care
- Trinh BB, Chapman BC, Gleisner A, Kwak JJ, Morgan R, McCarter MD, Gajdos C, Kounalakis N. SPECT/CT Adds Distinct Lymph Node Basins and Influences Radiologic Findings and Surgical Approach for Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Head and Neck Melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2018; 25(6).
- Chapman BC, Gajdos C, Hosokawa P, Henderson W, Paniccia A, Overbey DM, Gleisner A, Schulick RD, McCarter MD, Edil BH. Comparison of laparoscopic to open pancreaticoduodenectomy in elderly patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Surg Endosc. 2018; 32(5).
- Stewart CL, Gleisner A, Halpern A, Ibrahim-Zada I, Luna RA, Pearlman N, Gajdos C, Edil B, McCarter M. Implications of Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy Perfusion-Related Hyperglycemia. Ann Surg Oncol. 2018; 25(3).
- Chapman BC, Gleisner A, Rigg D, Meguid C, Goodman K, Brauer B, Gajdos C, Schulick RD, Edil BH, McCarter MD. Perioperative outcomes and survival following neoadjuvant stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) versus intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. J Surg Oncol. 2018.
- Chapman BC, Gleisner A, Ibrahim-Zada I, Overbey DM, Paniccia A, Meguid C, Brauer B, Gajdos C, McCarter MD, Schulick RD, Edil BH. Laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy: changing the management of ampullary neoplasms. Surg Endosc. 2018; 32(2).
- Scott AJ, Song EK, Bagby S, Purkey A, McCarter M, Gajdos C, Quackenbush KS, Cross B, Pitts TM, Tan AC, Eckhardt SG, Fenton H, Arcaroli J, Messersmith WA. Evaluation of the efficacy of dasatinib, a Src/Abl inhibitor, in colorectal cancer cell lines and explant mouse model. PLoS One. 2017; 12(11).
- Chapman BC, Hosokawa P, Henderson W, Paniccia A, Overbey DM, Messersmith W, Lieu C, Stiegmann GV, Schulick RD, Gajdos C. Impact of neoadjuvant chemoradiation on perioperative outcomes in patients with rectal cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2017; 115(8).
- Stewart CL, Gleisner A, Kwak J, Chapman B, Pearlman N, Gajdos C, McCarter M, Kounalakis N. Implications of Sentinel Lymph Node Drainage to Multiple Basins in Head and Neck Melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017; 24(5).
- Stewart CL, Wilson L, Hamm A, Bartsch C, Boniface M, Gleisner A, Mitchell JD, Weyant MJ, Meguid R, Gajdos C, Edil BH, McCarter M. Is Chemical Pyloroplasty Necessary for Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy? Ann Surg Oncol. 2017; 24(5).
- Chapman BC, Paniccia A, Hosokawa PW, Henderson WG, Overbey DM, Messersmith W, McCarter MD, Gleisner A, Edil BH, Schulick RD, Gajdos C. Impact of Facility Type and Surgical Volume on 10-Year Survival in Patients Undergoing Hepatic Resection for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. J Am Coll Surg. 2017; 224(3).