About Dr. Tambar
Dr. Tambar considers Buffalo, NY her hometown after spending more than 15 years in the area living with her family. She obtained her Undergraduate and Medical degrees from the University of Buffalo in addition to completing her residency in the General Surgery training program. Dr. Tambar continued her training at Georgetown University in Washington DC where she specialized in Breast Surgical Oncology.
Following her specialized training, Dr. Tambar served as a Breast Surgeon and Director of the Breast Center in Central California for several years, before returning home to Western New York to give back to the community that helped her become who she is today. She is currently board-certified and fellowship-trained in treating all diseases of the breast. She is also engaged in teaching medical students and residents as a Clinical Assistant Professor of the University at Buffalo to train the next generation of physicians and surgeons.
When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband and children, cooking and running.
- Benign and malignant breast disease
- Breast Ultrasound
- Nipple sparing and skin sparing mastectomy
- High-risk screening and monitoring program
- Same-day biopsy for suspicious breast lesions
- In-office ultrasound support
- Advanced practice provider support
- Multiple locations throughout Erie and Niagara County
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Tambar, please call 716-422-0010